Our consultants help our clients evolve their organizations in the most suitable manner to reduce costs, drive growth, and strengthen short term performance and long term organizational health.
We go beyond lines and boxes to define decision rights, accountabilities, internal governance, and linkages. Our design solutions help our clients manage complexities and maintain a global scale to ensure sustained performance.
- Bring a rigorous approach to organization design: We assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current organization and design a robust new structure. In the current-state assessment, our diagnostic tools highlight areas where the organization faces challenges, which might lie in its structure, linkages, or culture; and help define criteria to guide the design process. In the design itself, our design tests help our clients make choices on critical questions such as the optimal business-unit structure; the role of the corporate center and shared services; and capabilities needed for pivotal roles.
- Link organization to strategy and realize value: We make sure the design focuses the management’s attention on the strategic priorities and critical operations of each business unit, region, or product—be it international expansion, cost-cutting, or growth by means of acquisitions. Once the design is finalized, our innovative implementation approach helps our clients swiftly realize the economic value determined by the redesign.
- Focus head offices on value creation: Most of the CEOs in the companies, are concerned about waste and redundant hierarchy, particularly in head offices. Our approach identifies an explicit, value-adding “mandate” for the corporate center—for example, coordinating key functions or driving specific strategic initiatives.
- Drive accountability: Introducing careful design of performance-management processes, we make sure that each unit in the company runs under clear performance measures. Our accountability tools and decision-making frameworks help identify accountabilities for cross-unit processes.
Job Analysis & Job Descriptions
The job description is one of the primary tools for coordinating the employer’s human resource program and communicating job requirements to employees. PD prepares job descriptions that facilitate accurate comparisons of job duties and wage rates, while complying with applicable legislation such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Whether you need to start from scratch or update existing descriptions PD can help.
- Conducting Job Analysis
- Identifying Essential Functions
- Job Requirements
Performance appraisals can be a tedious but an inevitable task, both for the manager conducting the evaluation and the HR representative coordinating the effort and ensuring timeliness in the process.
- Development of Evaluation/Appraisal Program (process & tools)
- Basing systems on Job Descriptions
- Defining Expectations and Ratings
Training and Development
Offering a wide range of customized training solutions, we intend to enhance the effectiveness of your workforce to improve overall efficiency of your organization. We recognize the importance of tailor-made programs to the specific needs of individual companies, hence we will leverage our expertise to work closely with your company’s management to customize program designed around your objectives.
*Our training programs can be designed as a comprehensive training initiative as well as standalone sessions around the following as few examples
- Attitudes and Behaviors
- Organizational Development
- Management Assessments
- Skills and Abilities
Human Resources Policies & Handbook
In order to maintain a well-defined policy across the board, an update-to-date, legal handbook is essential for all businesses irrespective of their size or nature. An employee handbook is a comprehensive document that communicates policies, benefits and work standards to all employees in a single document. It provides an appropriate means through which the employer can disseminate legally required policies, such as anti-harassment, family and medical leave policies. It also provides valuable guidance for supervisors regarding the implementation and enforcement of company policies. This promotes uniform and consistent treatment of employees, thus reducing the risk of discriminatory treatment. Internal policies and procedures can make the difference between effective and ineffective management.
We can help you design the internal procedures behind your handbook policies and train your managers and supervisors in their part of the process. We can review your current handbook or develop a customized handbook to ensure your content is current, relevant and required. Whether it’s just one policy you need to add or an entire handbook, our experienced staff will assist you in developing clear and appropriate policies that are up-to-date and tailored for your industry and company culture.
HR Department Set-Up
Employment law issues occupy a significant amount of management time. With the changes in the law, honorable courts’ interpretations of the law, reviews, updates and changes to human resources forms, policies and procedures are critical to ensure compliance with the law. Whether you are looking to establish a new HR Department or simply willing to expand and improve upon an existing department, we can help you achieve your desired goal
When you partner with PD, we’ll cover all aspects of HR to include transactional, operational and strategic functions. It is a big task, but definitely the one that is critical to the organization.
Employee Orientation & On-Boarding Programs
A successful orientation program is a critical factor in helping new employees develop a productive and lasting relationship with your organization. PD can help you integrate new employees or newly-promoted leaders into your organization or a particular role to enhance employees’ engagement, retention, motivation and job satisfaction.
Employee Engagement Surveys
Are your employees engaged? Do your employees feel a sense of loyalty to your organization? Do you know the in-depth reasons why employees are terminating their employment relationships with your organization?
Studies have shown that engaged employees are better performers and therefore, high customer satisfaction and employee engagement are closely linked. Employees with positive attitudes can have a positive effect on co-workers as well as customers.
PD can develop, administer and present confidential and comprehensive surveys to improve working relationships and increase productivity. It is essential that organizations uncover the source of employees’ dissatisfaction and the reason for turnover, because turnover costs can range from 25% to 100% of the employee’s total annual compensation.
HR Audit/HR Compliance Assessment
Many companies don’t recognize the vital role of Human Resources until they undergo a crisis situation. Once involved in employment litigation, employers soon realize their liabilities and obligations regarding employment related statutes and regulations. Failure of management or decision makers in recognizing potential causes of action for wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, pay discrimination and other non-compliance issues regarding federal and state employment laws can produce disastrous results.
PD recommends performing a comprehensive assessment of your human resource department and an HR audit to determine the current level of compliance as a starting point for managing the HR function. PD’s HR audit will identify areas of efficiency, as well as reveal areas where improvement is obligatory and provide recommendations to tackle the situation sensibly and effectively.
PD’s HR audit will result in a “road map” to HR effectiveness and compliance – where you are now, where you need and want to be, and most importantly, how to get there.